Normandy has a varied heritage as much historical as it is cultural offering a wide range of artistic, sporting and gastronomic pursuits. Visit
www.secrets-normands.comYou will find all the tourist information you will need about the surrounding area in the Livarot and Vimoutier tourist offices: www.paysdelivarot.fr and www.vimoutiers.fr.
- the coast is 55 kilometres from La Cour Mare: Honfleur, Deauville, and Trouville are second to none. The family beaches are Blonville sur mer and Houlgate.
- Opposite La Cour Mare: the Priory Saint-Michel, rural dependence of the Benedictine Abbey of the Jumièges, houses one of the rare tithe barns of the 13th century with its prayer chapel, also 13th century and beautiful gardens created in 1984 by Anne Chahine (see “Itineraries of the homeland”published by the D.R.A.C of lower Normandy)
- The landing of the allies on the Normandy coast put an end to the second world war. All the landing beaches are worth visiting, especially the Memorial de Caen, Arromanches, the Montormel….
- In Bayeux Queen Mathilde’s world renowned tapestry depicting the battle of Hastings in 1066
- In Falaise, William the Conqueror’s impressive castle
- Medieval villages like Orbec,Saint Céneri le Gerei, Bernay, Le Sap, Bec Hellouin…
- The shops and cultural events in Caen and Rouen
- The Mont St Michel: the wonder of the west, on the frontier with Brittany, adhering to world heritage for humanity
- Normandy is also the home of impressionism with the Monet gardens in Giverny, the Boudin museum in Honfleur….
- The Haras du Pin, a national stud and a tribute to classical architecture
- There are numerous splendid gardens like those attached to the Château de Canon, the Château de Carrouges, the Château de Vendeuvre ( to be found in the Parks and Gardens of Lower Normandy brochure)
- The weekly markets on Mondays at St Pierre and on Saturdays at Lisieux where you can find the best of the fresh organic products sold directly from the producer to the consumer
- A golf course with nine holes at Livarot (together with beginners lessons)
- Visit a farm – the Goat farm and the Poney club are as fun for the adults as they are for the children
- The exceptional Cerza Zoo, deep in the countryside yet near to Lisieux is a visit not to be missed
- Numerous walks with distances between 3 and 20 kilometres which we will take much pleasure in showing you